These are the famous “Ten Questions” as popularized by James Lipton on “Inside the Actor’s Studio,” originated by French television personality Bernard Pivot, after the Proust Questionnaire.
1. What is your favorite word? I have two…ruminate and languid.
2. What is your least favorite word? The phrase “No offense, but…” especially when people use it a lot. What exactly is a person trying to convey when they preface their comment with this?
3. What turns you on? cologne and confidence
4. What turns you off? Passive agressiveness…and incessant complaining when the complainer does nothing to change their situation…and bad breath
5. What sound do you love? The Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk on a summer day…the crash of the waves, people playing on the beach, laughter from the arcades, and the rumble of the old wooden roller coaster The Giant Dipper. And of course Beau’s deep belly laugh.
6. What sound do you hate? The sounds of Shane popping his joints or cracking his back send shudders throughout my body and make me sick to my stomach. But crazy enough, I don’t mind cracking my own joints or knuckles.
7. What is your favorite curse word? F*#k. Muttered under my breath, because I don’t swear out loud you know…wink wink!
8. What profession other than yours would you like to attempt? Two again…editor and photographer…to read and write and critique, or to capture the essence of life in pictures – how wonderful would that be?
9. What profession would you not like to do? Surgeon…the whole cutting people open thing.
10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gate? You’ve done good.