A few of the things that bring me joy, convenience, and comfort…
1. The technology that lets me keep a phone in my pocket, and lets that phone be a camera. You could say that items such as my beloved iPhone keep us “on” more often than we should be, which is true. But on the other hand those items can connect us to people like never before. I can take a photo of my son, send it to my mom in Washington, and she can “see” him in an instant.
2. A self-cleaning oven. Sure it smells, but wow!
3. Central Air. It’s hot here right now and air conditioning is no small matter in the desert. It’s easy to overlook it… until one day it decides to die and set you back thousands, even when you get it at cost. Then you realize how much it means to you.
4. Telephone lines. Not just because of what they do, but because I love to photograph them. Odd? Maybe.
5. My contacts. Without them I can’t see and get headaches. I like my glasses well enough, but I can’t imagine not being able to wear contacts. They are convenient, don’t make me feel like half face my is covered, and let me wear cute sunglasses to guard against the brutal Arizona sun. Maybe one day I’ll be brave and be posting about how I’m so thankful for Lasik. We’ll see…
What are some of the little, everyday things you are thankful for? I ‘d love to hear!